Mr. Victor Munteanu, Deputy Director of I Audit Department attended on March 22, 2012, as an expert, the EUROSAI Task Force Meeting on the Audit of Funds Allocated to Disasters and Catastrophes, held in Wroclaw, Poland. The meeting was attended by representatives of the SAIs of Azerbaijan, Belarus, Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Italy, Moldova, Poland, Ukraine and Hungary. The meeting addressed the following topics:
- Use of the European Union funds allocated to eliminate consequences of disasters in Poland;
- Assessment criteria of efficiency in using budget funds while conducting audit in the sphere of prevention and elimination of consequences of disasters and catastrophes:
- Practical application of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of using resources allocated for prevention and liquidation of consequences of emergencies and disasters in control activities of Russian Federation;
- The control of using public funds allocated to overcome the effects of disasters in Belarus and the practice of using efficiency criteria in the audit of budget resources allocated for prevention and liquidation of disasters;
- Italy's experience and perspectives in conducting the regularity audit and performance audit of the most important cases of occurrence of disasters and catastrophes.